National Birthday Breakfast – 9:00 AM
Michael Feinstein’s appearance at the Lincoln Memorial was only a teaser. Following the wreath-laying ceremony, he treated ALBC supporters to a performance of Gershwin and other favorites from the American Songbook at a breakfast benefiting the on-going work of the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Commission Foundation. Served in a heated tent adjacent to the Memorial, the morning breakfast featured the hot, hearty foods common to a 19th century table as well as 16 exquisitely designed log-cabin themed cakes.
The ALBC, in partnership with the Log Homes Council, gratefully acknowledges the following Washington, D.C. area bakeries for their generous donation of a log-cabin themed cake. In remembrance of our 16th president’s humble beginnings, the cakes served as the centerpiece of each table at the Bicentennial breakfast tribute.
- Amelia’s Cakes - Washington, D.C.
- Amphora Bakery - Herndon, VA
- Curly-Q-Cakes - Ashburn, VA
- Fancy Cakes by Leslie - Bethesda, MD
- Furin’s of Georgetown - Washington, D.C.
- Georgetown Cupcakes - Washington, D.C.
- Just Cakes - Bethesda, MD
- Kendall’s Cakes - Falls Church, VA
- Lily Lane Cakes - Springfield, VA
- MallowDrama - Reston, VA
- PeterBakes - Washington, D.C.
- Simply Desserts - Columbia, MD
- SugaChef Desserts - Ft. Washington, VA
- Sugarbakers Cakes - Catonsville, MD
- Tastefully Treated - South Riding, VA
- Terracocoa - Chantilly, VA
Cake photos courtesy of David Early.