Additional fun resources on Abraham Lincoln.
- Abe Lincoln Coloring Book - available for download.
- Abraham Lincoln Writing Sets
Parchment kit includes: Gettysburg Address, Second Inaugural Address, Emancipation Proclamation, and Lincoln’s Letter to Mrs. Bixby
Historical Documents Company:1996, $4.95.
- Association of Lincoln Presenters.
Lists names, address, email and website for over 100 A. Lincoln presenters, plus additional historical figures
- Burkhimer, Michael. 100 Essential Lincoln Books. Cumberland House: 2003, $16.95.
- Butko, Brian. Greetings From the Lincoln Highway: America’s First Coast-Coast Road. Stackpole Books: 2005, $39.95.
- Center for Interactive Learning and Collaboration
Listing of providers & programs for videoconferences via Vision Athena (AAVS), ISDN or IP connections
- Davenport, Don. In Lincoln’s Footsteps: a Historical Guide to the Lincoln Sites in Illinois, Indiana and Kentucky. Trails Books, IL: 2002, $18.95.
- "Faces of Lincoln" postcard booklet and color images
Indiana Historical Society, $9.95.
- Gary, Ralph. Following in Lincoln’s Footsteps: A complete annotated reference to hundreds of historical sties visited by Abraham Lincoln (Illinois). Carroll & Graf Pub.: 2002, $16.00.
- Herbert, Janis. Abraham Lincoln for Kids: His Life and Times with 21 Activities. Chicago Review Press: July 2007, $14.95.
- Holzer, Harold. Abraham Lincoln Portrayed in Collections of the Indiana Historical Society.Indiana Historical Society: 2006, $49.95.
- Jackdaws catalog
- War Between the States: Civil War (Grades 5-8), $44.00
- “Erie Canal” (Grades 5-8), $23.00
- “Civil War: A Cartoon History, 1860-1865;” six Part series $179.95
Each set maybe purchased separately for $31.95
- Theme poster sets: “Abraham Lincoln,” $12.00
- Theme poster sets: “Civil War Album,” $35.00
- Lange, David W. Complete Guide to Lincoln Cents. Zyrus Press: 2005, $37.95
- Leidner, Gordon. Abraham Lincoln: The Complete Book of Facts, Quizzes, and Trivia. Burd Street Press: 2001, $11.95.
- Lincoln Conspiracy-a Murder Mystery Game. Indiana Historical Society: 2005, $29.95.
Critical thinking skills and creative role playing are necessary tools for students to solve the most important murder mystery of the 19th century. 10-32 players, ages 10-adult
- Percoco, James. Passion for the Past: Creative Teaching of U.S. History. Heineman: 1998, $19.00.
- Real Stuff: Using Primary Sources in the Classroom. Indiana Historical Society, $5.00.
- Shaw, Albert. Abraham Lincoln: The Year of His Election (1929). Kessinger Publishing: 2003, $28.95.
- Shaw, Albert. Abraham Lincoln: His Path to the Presidency (1929). Kessinger Publishing: 2003, $27.95.
Online resource for research, study and forums/discussion groups for teachers around the world
- Zall, P.M. Abe Lincoln’s Legacy of Laughter: Humorous Stories by and about Abraham Lincoln. University Tennessee Press: July 2007, $19.95.
Prepared for the University of Southern Indiana’s Fourth Annual Lincoln Teachers’ Institute (2007). Used with permission.